Trailhead Direct offers access to countless trails ranging from easy to strenuous. We want you to be safe during your hiking adventure whether it’s a casual walk on Cougar Mountain or a steep hike up Mailbox Peak. Here are some tips and tricks for what to bring, trip planning, and hiking etiquette.Continue reading “Hiking Tips & Preparedness”
There are many options for borrowing or purchasing affordable hiking gear in the King County region such as the WTA Gear Lending Library or Value Village. Check out our list of suggestions for places to outfit yourself for your next Trailhead Direct adventure!Continue reading “Where can I acquire hiking gear?”
We’re very excited to launch the expanded service and look forward to working with you to build upon our success! A press release announcing the 2019 service was issued earlier this morning and we would appreciate your assistance in helping us get the word out about the service now and in the coming weeks.
How you can help:
- Download any of our creative assets from this dropbox folder. In the folder, you will find the logo, a variety of photos and the route maps. Please credit Eli Brownell, King County Parks, when using the images.
- Promote this URL: trailheaddirect.org
- Create organic content! Take the service and share your #TrailheadDirect experience on social media. This year we really want to highlight all of the amazing stories we’ve heard from people taking Trailhead Direct!
- Tag partner organizations: @kcexec | @KingCountyWA | @REI | @kcmetrobus | @iheartkcparks | @MayorJenny | @SoundTransit | @seattledot | @Hilary_FranzCPL | @CityofTukwila | @WTA_hikers | @ECOSS
Adapt this sample text for your social media:
· Welcome back #TrailheadDirect! Your favorite transit-to-trails service returns Saturday, April 20. This year there are FOUR interconnected routes to take you to your favorite hiking destinations including Mount Si, Cougar Mountain, Poo Poo Point and Mailbox Peak.”
· Tired of overcrowded parking lots at trailheads like Mailbox Peak, Mount Si and Poo Poo Point? Beginning April 20, hop on #TrailheadDirect and relax on the way to the mountains!
· No car? No problem! Hop on #TrailheadDirect to catch a ride to your next hiking adventure!
· South Seattle to the outdoors in less than 30 minutes thanks to #TrailheadDirect
· Take Link light rail, bike, ride Metro, or use a P&R to connect with #TrailheadDirect and the great outdoors